PACKING & CRATING 3 Job
Date: Nov 29, 2014
Location: Reston, VA, US
Category: Logistics - Material Handling
Primary Location: Reston, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a full performance level position within the Packer/Crater occupational specialty. Full-performance packer/craters perform the full range of routine to moderately-complex packing and/or crating of various materials to include chillers, generators, boats, and vehicles for shipment domestically or overseas. Positions work under general supervision of contractor supervisor and may assist senior craters in the most complex packing and crating activities of oversized or fragile items.
Full-performance packer/craters perform the full range of routine to moderately-complex packing and/or crating of various materials to include chillers, generators, boats, and vehicles for shipment domestically or overseas.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Under general supervision from contractor supervisor, packs and/or crates various materials for shipment domestically or overseas using routine to moderately complex methods and procedures.
- Performs all established packing steps for a wide variety of standard to non-standard materials (i.e. chillers, generators, boats, and vehicles) to include, measuring boxes, weighing, cubing, banding, burlaping, and filling with instapack or other types of packing material as appropriate.
- Measures and cuts wood to build crates for shipping non-standard materials such as vault doors, small generators, communications equipment, etc.
- Determines the appropriate packing materials for crating.
- Prepares appropriate shipping documentation and labeling as required for surface and/or air transportation as appropriate.
2. Assists senior craters in the most complex crating activities that require non-standard/custom crates.
- Assists with blocking, bracing, and cushioning for delicate/fragile materials.
- Assists in designing and assembling crates to transport non-standard items to include but are not limited to boats, trucks/cars, delicate/fragile high value items, etc.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs routine, standard maintenance on machinery on an as needed basis, e.g. oiling, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of a full range of packing procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of carpentry techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of HAZMAT restrictions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills when measuring, weighing, etc.
- Ability to use power tools and machinery.
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor junior employees.
Supervision Received and Given
Received: Works under general supervision by first line supervisor.
Given: Provides technical guidance to less experienced craters.
Work may include exposure to drafts, noise, dust, strong odors, the operation of mechanical equipment (e.g. forklifts and motor vehicles); extended periods of standing, walking and bending; and lifting light to very heavy objects and equipment.
Tools used in this occupation: Full range of power and hand tools, Industrial carton making machine, banding machine, instapak machine
Technology used in this occupation: basic computer applications
Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph..
Experience: Two years of packing and crating experience.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Special certifications: Must possess and maintain a forklift certification.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Defense, Security Clearance, Packing, Top Secret Clearance, TS / SCI, Government, Manufacturing