TECHNICAL WRITER II, C4ISR TRAINING Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Primary Location: San Diego, CA, US
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Duties and Responsibilities:
CACI has a contingent openings for TECHNICAL WRITERs II to support C4ISR Training efforts undertaken by SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific (SSC PAC) in San Diego, CA.
Specific duties to include the following:
- Perform independently, as a member of a technical team in developing, drafting, revising, and editing operator and maintenance technical documentation using rough outlines, resource materials, and independent interpretation of information obtained through review conferences and/or technical specialists.
- Utilize DOD terminology, platforms, sensors, weapons, and other equipment, as well as styles, formats, and specifications that apply to various DOD technical manuals to prepare, edit, and publish technical publications.
- Responsible for applying all phases of the publication process and automated publishing systems to ensure successful production of technical manuals and other large publications.
- Successful completion of a technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum; or successful completion of 30 semester hours of course studies in graphics design and/or illustration, including technical writing courses.
- Eight years of experience in graphics design and/or illustration, including technical writing of which five years experience in production of large technical documents using an automated publishing system.
- Three years recent experience (within the last five years) performing operator or maintenance technical data conference support and publication support functions, including the operation of an automated support system.
Must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET Clearance.
- BA or BS degree a plus.
- Recent experience with SPAWAR or SSC PAC
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is in support of future opportunities. As we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted directly .
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segments: Technical Writer, Curriculum, Training, Defense, Technical Trainer, Technology, Education, Operations, Government