LOGISTICS ENGINEERS, NAVY SYSTEMS Job
Date: May 20, 2013
Location: Washington, DC, US
Category: Engineering - Engineer
Primary Location: Washington, DC, US
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Duties and Responsibilities:
CACI has several contingent openings for Logistics Engineers for Navy systems at our Washington Navy Yard location. These individuals will:
- Develop Navy system logistics requirements. Assist in internal and external logistics coordination of projects. Plan and execute ILS activities and projects. Provide ILS expertise to develop innovative process improvements and solutions.
- Participate in and contribute to all aspects of the following logistics elements:
o ILS Planning, Maintenance Planning, Supply Support, Technical Data, Manpower, Personnel and Training, Design Interface, Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (RM&A), Configuration Management, Facilities Planning, Installation and Post-Delivery Support, Computer Resources, Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation, Support and Test Equipment, Safety/Hazardous Materials/ Environmental concerns, and equipment disposal
- Contribute subject matter expertise to achieve logistics supportability objectives, including but not limited to logistics interface with technology insertions, new development/major upgrades, life cycle support, configuration management, RM&A, and data management.
- Participate in the preparation, execution, and/or review of Integrated Logistics Assessments, Logistics Supportability Analyses, and RM&A Analyses.
- Develop, manage, and review logistics documents including:
o Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP),
o Logistics Management Plans,
o Integrated Logistics Assessments (ILA)
o User Logistics Support Summaries (ULSS),
o Interim Support Plans (ISP),
o Maintenance Plans,
o Configuration Management (CM) Plans, and
o Human Systems Integration (HSI) Plan.
- Support the development, update and maintenance of ILS portions of Statements of Work (SOW), Specifications and Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRLs) and related Data Items Descriptions (DIDs).
- Assist in planning, preparing and conduct of Integrated Logistics Support Management Team (ILSMT) meetings and Logistics Readiness Reviews.
- Assist in preparing point papers, briefs, reclamas, and other ILS program documentation to articulate and support ILS requirements.
- Provide support for Configuration Control Boards (CCBs).
- Research, analyze and make recommendations regarding current policies applicable to Life Cycle Support. Analyze cost/performance tradeoffs as it impacts Life Cycle Support, conduct Business Case Analyses and make recommendations based on the analyses.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of supportability strategies for fielded product lines.
- Provide Performance Based Logistics Support (PBL) support including conduct and preparation of an Initial Program Assessment, technical and logistics support in developing Business Case Analysis for PBLs, and assisting in the planning and implementation of PBL based on current directives.
- Requires bachelor's degree in relevant academic area such as business administration, logistics, engineering management, or similar degree field.
- 5 years integrated logistics experience with Navy and other service logistics tasks.
- Experience working with Naval Sea (NAVSEA) Systems Command and/or Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS)
- Experience in preparing for and conduct of Integrated Logistics Assessments (ILA) and Logistics Supportability Assessments (LSA)
- Working knowledge of logistics-related documentation including ILSP, LMP, and Configuration Management Plans.
- Experience working with Configuration Control Boards (CCB).
- Experience providing Performance Based Logistics (PBL) support.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
- Experience providing direct logistics support to US Navy combat and weapons systems programs.
- Experience with identifying, assessing, developing, and/or maintaining Total Ownership Cost (TOC) initiatives. Experience developing metrics for establishing and measuring TOC reduction program goals, assessing risks and measuring TOC successes.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Knowledge of DoD and NAVSEA 5000 series Program Acquisition Instructions.
- Experience working in or with other external DoD organizations including NIPO, OSD, MDA, and Navy Field activities.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is in support of future opportunities. As we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted directly .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Defense, Engineer, Logistics, Lean Six Sigma, Security Clearance, Government, Engineering, Operations, Management