PEOPLESOFT HCM FUNCTIONAL LEAD Job
CACI International Inc
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Washington, DC, US
Description:Job Requisition Number: 62230
Category: Consultant - Analyst
Primary Location: Washington, DC, US
Security Clearance: None
Clearance Status: Not Applicable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
Acts as the overall HCM functional lead and key business partner with various functions of HR; utilizing extensive knowledge of HR functional processes and PeopleSoft HCM application expertise to manage team of module leads and to document functional requirements and design new and improved HR business processes. Detects inefficiencies or conflicts in systems and processes and helps to identify effective improvements. Facilitates communication between customers, SMEs, module leads, technical staff, and the Project Manager. Facilitates and leads testing functions to verify that results are correct (i.e. component, system and acceptance tests)
Must have recent experience with PeopleSoft and knowledge and experience documenting HR business requirements and HR process design; an understanding of HR systems configuration, and a proven ability to provide detailed configuration specifications documentation is also required.
Must have strong PeopleSoft HCM v9.1 application expertise across a breadth of HCM modules including: Core HR, Position Management, Benefits, Absence Management, Time & Labor, Payroll, eDevelopment, eProfile/eProfileManager, eCompensation/eCompensationManager, and Portal
Works as a functional team lead to recommend and influence best practice solutions when it comes to business process improvement and application design. Perform duties as assigned by the Project Manager that will generally include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with customers to gather information, define complex work problems, and
designs a system and procedures to resolve problems.
- Leads team of functional analysts to document complex process steps, tasks and their inter-
- Communicate with both SMEs and members of the development staff. Translates SME
information into a form understandable by the development team.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and documentation efforts, specifically in the specified
- Analyze customizations and facilitate fit/gap analysis.
- Document and refine functional requirements to include: prioritization, elimination and
- Document requirements for internal and external interfaces, reporting, workflow and
security for HR business processes.
- Document functional Use Test Cases and scripts.
- Identify, document and escalate risks and issues.
- Understand the impact changes to the HR system configuration will have on integrated ERP
systems and existing internal and external interfaces.
- Develops, coordinates and implements plans to test business and functional processes
during system development and quality assurance testing.
- Trains and provides guidance to less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Adhere to expectations and timeline for deliverables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships with peers and leaders; strong HRIS experience including requirements gathering and documentation, HR process design and ability to multi-task and prioritize duties to achieve most critical business needs first; must be detail oriented, as well as be able to see big picture. Must be proficient in Visio, MS Project, Word and Excel. Must have strong functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Application Designer, and knowledge of the following PeopleSoft HCM core modules: HR, Position Management, Benefits, Absence Management, Time & Labor, Payroll, eDevelopment, eProfile/eProfileManager, eCompensation/eCompensationManager, and Portal, with specific expertise in at least 2-3 of the modules specified. Experience with PeopleSoft v9.1 and knowledge of testing tools such as Quality Center required.
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10-12 years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: PeopleSoft, ERP, HR, Security Clearance, Information Systems, Technology, Human Resources, Government